Clinical/Skills Nurse Educator
Term of Employment: Perdiem/Substitute position
• Teaches State Approved Nursing Assistant curriculum, skills lab and/or clinical rotations to high school students.
• Provide constant supervision of students enrolled in the JTED Nursing Assistant Programs.
• Have thorough knowledge of Pima County JTED policies that pertain to instruction, student discipline, and Arizona State Board of Nursing rules and regulations.
• Participate in skills lab to assist students to gain skills for the clinical arena.
• Be responsible for a clinical group in regards to attendance, instruction, supervision, and grading of students, as well as maintain good communication with the Nursing Service Manager and registrar.
• Assist learners in identifying learning needs and guides to appropriate resources.
• Evaluates effectiveness of learning strategies and outcomes of educational activities.
• Three years practicing as professional nurse and/or teaching experience to include career/technical/occupational/vocational education in a certified secondary program is preferred.
• Thorough knowledge and application of secondary curriculum and instruction in career/technical/occupational/vocational education, vocational work and apprenticeship program is preferred.
• One or more years in supervising nursing assistants or possess credit for a course on teaching adults.
• Maintains licensure as a Registered Nurse in good standing from the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
Submit cover letter, resume, three reference letters and a copy of current certificate(s) via mail, e-mail, fax or deliver to Martha Martinez at the JTED District office.
Pima County JTED • 2855 W. Master Pieces Drive • Tucson, AZ 85741
Phone (520) 352-JTED (5833) • Fax (520) 352-5842 • Martha Martinez
Pima County JTED #11 is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, language of origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or marital status. Unless expressly superseded by controlling federal or state statutes, regulations or court decisions, this policy will prevail in all matters concerning staff members, students, the public, educational programs and services and individuals with whom the Joint Board does business.